Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Ugly Stage


I think we've hit the "ugly stage" of our renovation. You know, the no-turning-back, did-I-make the-right-decision stage.

After months of going back and fourth, David and I decided to rip out our old hardwood floor in the open living area and replace it with a brand-new hardwood floor. Although it squeaked and had some cracks in places, the old floor we had was alright and could likely have been re-finished. What really made us choose to replace it was the fact that the floor would have had to be patched in many areas where walls had come down and where no wood floor previously existed. Instead of having a piecemeal floor that was all patchy, we opted for a new floor that would be uniform throughout the whole open living space (hallways, dining/kitchen area & living-room)

I have to admit, when I visited our place after the old floors had been ripped out, I was a bit shocked! The place looked terrible! Broken floorboards and big cracks everywhere! I guess you'd call this the ugly stage. I'm sure once the new floor is laid down, it will all look great. But I have to admit I'm wondering if we made the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment