Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

I have vanquished my arch enemy!


Heating costs at our house were always astronomical. (and despite the 500$ + heating bills in the winter, our house was always freezing!). Friends who came over nicknamed our place "the fridge" and brought over their own slippers if they were going to be there for more than an hour.

In my eyes, enemy number one was our old furnace. When I say old, I mean OLD! Original to the house - the thing was 90 years old! Originally it was a coal stove, then it was converted into a natural gas furnace. As of the last two years or so, it became a pressure cooker that was on the verge of exploding. Water seeped out the cracks in its seams and the pressure gauge read beyond max. Needless to say it was either the furnace, or me, that was going to go... guess who won the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment