Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Beginning (of the end?)

This past January, I became a first-time homebuyer after purchasing the second floor of a triplex that had been in my family since the 1940s. I'd been renting the place for the past 5 years and love the neighbourhood! It is close to the subway, around the corner from cafes and quaint restaurants, shops and grocery stores.

I also love the apartment. It is spacious (1400 sq. ft.) and has lots of 1920s charm...but the place is in need of some major repairs! So I (and my partner-in-crime - David) are about to embark on a renovation adventure! It will no doubt lead us through the depths of hell & back (or the depths of bankruptcy & back!)...but in the end, we hope we'll emerge with the place our dreams and a great base to start our lives & family together.

Anyway, we are taking the plunge - hope you'll stick around to find out how things turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment